DAY 1 – Arrival Incheon-Seoul, Hotel Sutton Seoul
- Our trip started on a Friday, and we were so excited that we took the day off from work in the morning. Our flight was via Cebu Pacific Air, at 4PM.
- We arrived late (8:45PM) at Incheon Airport due to traffic at Manila airport.
- Chino seemed so excited, and at times, lost :p Uber excited on first glimpse of Korea during landing.
- Incheon airport is soooo big and very advanced.
- Restroom comparison with Japan is yet to be decided :p So far, Japan still holds my best spot.
- Tmoney can be bought at GS25 for 3000W. We then loaded the card it (they call it “charging”) with 10000W for our first AREX ride at GS25.
- We took AREX going to Seoul station.
- Took a cab at Seoul Station going the hotel. I’ve read via online travel reviews that we should not take the de luxe taxis since this is more expensive (we were offered 20,000W by one of the taxis there!). We got a regular cab instead.
- Arrived at Sutton Hotel before 12midnight. It is REALLY beside Cheonggyeonggen-ro River!
- Hotel Sutton is very accessible to the subway (Jongno 3-ga). Hence, a very short walk will bring you to a lot of food stalls and restaurants. There is even 7-11 at the ground floor of the hotel 🙂
- Went out to eat dinner. We chose a local restaurant near the hotel. I got yummy noodles with pork toppings + egg.
- We walked around the river area for a while. As Chino put it — “the night is young!” But I begged to disagree…the night is young, but we are old, so we got tired early 🙂
- Went back to the hotel looking forward for the start of our Seoul adventure!
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
|15:55:00||Departure at NAIA Terminal 3|
|20:45:00||Arrival at Incheon|
|Buy T-Money Card||2500|
|21:00:00||Train from Incheon Airport to Seoul Station||4000|
|Train from Seoul Station to Jongno-3-ga Station|
|22:00:00||Checkin Sutton Hotel|