Read Previous Posts:
- South Korea Trip 2013 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-2013-take-2/
- Day 1 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-1/
Day 2 – Hongik University-Myeongdong-Nandaemun-NamsanTower
- This is our first day of going around Seoul, and we were so excited. Thanking God for a sunny day!
- We took subway to go to Hongik University Station.
- We had breakfast at a Korean restaurant near the university. I had a difficult time deciding what to order because there is no english menu! But i was so satisfied with the beef and rice that i got, perfect 🙂
- `We walked around to look for Trick Eye Museum near the area. It took us more than an hour in the museum! There were illusion and paintings that can trick one’s eyes, as if the ‘scenarios’ were real 🙂
- My favorite shots are the shark-whale painting (feeling Jonah from the Bible), reversed ceiling illusion/painting where i looked liked a gymnast, and the painting where i got nice wings! 🙂
- Looked around the Saturday Free Market at Hongkik area. The free market showcases arts and crafts, and the artworks are very interesting. Korean creativity is very consistent 🙂
- We dropped by a cat cafe in the same area. I really loved cats, but since i didn’t have Won money left (foreign exchange offices are closed since it’s a Saturday), i just took a picture outside the cafe.
- A few blocks later is Hello Kitty Cafe! It’s full of Hello Kitty stuff, even table napkins and water pitcher has the cute pink kitty picture.
- We have to looked for money exchange, so we went to Myeongdong shopping area. This sort of ruined our planned itinerary, but we have no choice. I was super excited to go shopping.
- And then in the midst of clothes, bags, and shoes galore, i got my nicest bonus of all — Lily Cat Cafe in Myeongdong! 🙂 Since only me would go in, i left Jaycee and Chino and took my time with the cutest furballs all around the tables and floor.
- The felines were busy sleeping, eating, and sleazing around, i got my picture-purrfect shots 🙂 Entrance fee at Lily Cafe (cat section) is 10,000 won, with any drink of your choice. My companions were allowed to stay in a separate area while waiting for me, long as they ordered a drink 🙂 But this deserves a separate blog post, since the cats are too cute!!
- I bought on sale blouses, both at 2000 won each. Yey!
- We went to Nandaemun for more shopping areas. Here i bought 1 pack of ‘rocky’ chocolates that we brought as pasalubong when we first visited Korea years back.
- We were too tired! But at 7pm, the sun is still up and about.
- We went to Namsan Seoul Tower. The queue is overwhelming and nakakaburaot! Too much tourists here.
- Went back to hotel area for dinner (same as last night).
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
|9:00:00||Train from Euljiro-3-ga to Hongik University Station||1150|
|Explore Hongik University|
|10:00:00||Explore TrickEye Museum||13000|
|12:00:00||Lunch around Hongik University||10000|
|13:00:00||Explore Hongik Free Market|
|14:30:00||Train from Hongik University to City Hall||1150|
|15:00:00||Explore City Hall|
|Seoul City Plaza|
|15:30:00||Watch changing guards on Deoksugung Palace|
|Entrance to Deoksugung Palace||1000|
|16:00:00||Walking tour Jeong-dong|
|18:00:00||Train from City Hall to Seoul Station||1150|
|18:30:00||Explore Seoul Station|
|19:00:00||Train from Seoul Station Samgakji||1150|
|19:30:00||Transfer Samgakji to Itaewon|
|Dinner at Itaewon||10000|
|21:00:00||Train from Itaewon to Yaksu||1150|
|Transfer from Yaksu to Euiljiro-3-ga|
|21:30:00||Walk back to Hotel|