Read Previous Posts:
- South Korea Trip 2013 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-2013-take-2/
- Day 1 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-1/
- Day 2 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-2/
Day 3 – City Hall-Deoksugung Palace-Seoul Art Museum-Yongsan-War Memorial-Dongdaemun
- We tried Hotel Sutton’s buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant – Watermark. I ate lots of fruits and beef and rice. Yummy!
- First stop for the day was Seoul City Hall, where we just tool a few pictures.
- We watched the Changing of Guards outside Deoksugung Palace. We wore hanbok for free! Took at lot of pictures with the guards 🙂
- Explored Deoksugung Palace. The place is a bit huge, we took a lot of pics before going out for lunch.
- Ate lunch at Myeongdong Noodle Bar just outside the palace. I had super super spicy pork topped in rice! Sizzling hot 😦 Fortunately, Jaycee was willing to eat it instead [for me], since food must not be wasted. Chino got cold soybean noodles.
- Dessert at Dunkin Donuts!
- Went to Seoul Museum of Arts just across the palace.
- We took the subway to go to Yongsan station.
- Explored the iPark mall. Lotsa cameras! Kakahilo and overwhelming.
- Jaycee and Chino checked out Microsoft’s Surface exhibit while I rested and window-shopped.
- Walked to the subway to Samgakji.
- Because we were so hungry and tired, we bought potato chips, rice ball (pork) and cherry coke at a restaurant near War Memorial.
- War Memorial of Korea. Closes at 18:00 so we had too little time, only 15minutes inside :(( Sayang, the memorial building looks so interesting! Picture-taking outside with the war artifacts –planes, tanks, war ship and artilleries. We even met Filipinos working at Korea while taking pictures at the monument.
- From Sinyongsan station, subway to Dongdaemun.
- Ate dinner at a Korean restaurant in Dongdaemun. It’s a treat from Chino! Pork belly, salad (lotsa veggies), and chapchae. All delicious! Burp!
- Walked around Dongdaemun. Shopped at Migliore mall for a few clothes.
- We took then the subway going to Jongno-sam gu station. Back to the hotel at 23:00 🙂 Whew, what a long day!