Read Previous Posts:
- South Korea Trip 2013 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-2013-take-2/
- Day 1 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-1/
- Day 2 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-2/
- Day 3 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-3/
Day 4 – Nami Island-Insadong-Cheonggyecheon Stream
- Because it was running late, we had breakfast at Lotteria near Jongno-ga Sam station, few minutes walk from Sutton Hotel. I had waffle, hashbrown, and Pepsi. Yeah, fast food breakfast.
- I was so excited because I will be able to get to see Nami Island! This was the location of the famous Korean telenovela Winter Sonata.
- We took the subway from Cheongnyangni to go to Gapyeong. Train going to Gapyeong is at 1-hour interval, so we have to wait for a long time at the train station.
- We thought our train cards were enough, but turns out we have to buy ticket at the station to get seats. No problem though, since we can buy ticket from the train conductor. Unfortunately, we had to stand the whole time.
- We arrived Gapgeong at 12nn. We bought return tickets by asking help from the Assistance Officer at the station. This is to ensure that we’ll have seats on our way back.
- Just outside the train terminal is the taxi stand going to Nami Island. We lined up with other tourists to get our taxi and arrived at the port after 5minutes. Paid 2600won for the taxi ride.
- Bought tickets – entrance fee 8000/person with boat ride.
- Nami Island is sooo nice! I can just imagine how beautiful it is on winter and autumn. Lots of picture-taking. Good thing Chino is with us to take pictures 🙂
- Lunch at Nami Korean Restaurant. I ate a very delicious bulgogi with rice!
- Since we are running out of time, we rented a couples bike (me tandem with Jaycee) and singles bike for Chino at 5000won/hour. We were able to explore half part of the island only 😦 I recommend whole day at Nami Island to able to go around.
- When our time was up, we went back to the station via ferry and taxi. Arrived at Jongno Sam-ga station after an hour.
- We then explored Insadong for possible pasalubong and souvenir items.
- Ate dinner at a Korean restaurant at Insadong.
- Walked along Cheonggyecheon Stream. It was so nice. People are peacefully relaxing by the stream. There are digital laserlights display [and show] along the stream! Beautiful 🙂
- Went back to the hotel by 10pm 🙂