Read Previous Posts:
- South Korea Trip 2013 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-2013-take-2/
- Day 1 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-1/
- Day 2 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-2/
- Day 3 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-3/
- Day 4 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-4/
- Day 5 – https://lyfunli.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/summerseoul-south-korea-trip-day-5/
Day 6 – Bukchon Hanok Village Tour-Incheon Airport
- It was our last day at Seoul, and we wanted to make the most out of it! So we booked a free tour online (before the trip), and we were assigned a tour guide.
- We woke up early so we can prepare for checkout. I so love Sutton Hotel Seoul because at the end of a tiring day, we would always walk into our room freshly made up and inviting for rest 🙂 For hotel booking, you may checkout their site: http://www.suttonhotelseoul.com/
- We met our tour guide at the subway station for the Bukchon Hanok Village tour. And there he was, a retired war veteran, former lieutenant Chang. Our tour around the village was so memorable because of his accurate and interesting stories. It was worth taking the tour on our last day 🙂 It was rainy so we had to use our umbrellas during the tour.
- Bukchon is a picturesque neighborhood where a large cluster of privately owned hanok (tradional Korean houses) have been preserved. – Bukchon Handy Guide
Bukchon Traditional Center
37 Gyedong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- There are metal plates in Bukchon’s 8 views marked “PHOTO SPOT” where you can take best pictures.
- After the tour, we had lunch at a restaurant near the station at Bukchon area. I ate korean noodles.
- After lunch, we have the rest of the time for shopping for souvenir. We walked to the local grocery store where Jaycee and I bought pasalubong 2 years ago.
- We bought 3 boxes of groceries and headed back to the hotel.
- With an hour left before going to the airport, Jaycee and I went out again to go to Daiso, Innisfree, Faceshop, and Bodyshop for more last minute shopping. My feet were killing me, I was tired but determined to make the most out of our trip 🙂 Chino opted to stay at the hotel lobby to wait for us.
- At 4PM, it was time to go 😦 We got our luggages and walked for 5minutes to the bus station going to Incheon airport.
- We arrived after an hour to Incheon airport and checked-in for our flight back to the Philippines.
- At midnight, we were back in the Philippines! Home sweet home:)
In summary, I had so much fun in my second time Seoul trip! I so loved the culture, the friendliness of the people, and the tourist-friendly environment.
I am thankful I was blessed once more to travel–this time to see, hear, taste, and feel Seoul in summer time 🙂